The project is trying to present a modeling algorithm to solve the surface energy balance equation for surface temperature and turbulent fluxes. The algorithm involves Monin-Obukhov similarity theory for aerodynamic resistance and other methods for canopy resistance estimation.
- 2010_June2 Meeting: Project presentation with several updates.
- 2010_July 7: Meeting_Noah and WRF
- 2010_Aug 11: One year simulation with NOAH
- 2010_Oct 7: Fluxnet radiation vs. NARR
- 2010_Nov 17: Urban Parameterization
- 2011_Feb 3: Parameterization of Heat Roughness Length
- 2011_Apr 14: On Improving Sensible Heat Flux Estimate from Radiative Surface Temperature by Lei Zhao
- Blanken et al. 1997. Energy balance and canopy conductance of a boreal aspen forest: Partitioning overstory and understory components. J. of Geophysical Research. 102: 28,915-28,927.
Latent Heat Flux Comparison